<動>write ; compose ; describe ; depict
He lives by his pen.
Write the telephone number down in case you forget.
She discovered the joy of writing.
He can neither read nor write.
I've been writing for three hours.
It is a fact that I have written this sentence.
A disorder marked by loss of the ability to write.
Is it a good thing or a bad thing to have a lot of money?
The lies written in ink can never cover up the facts written in blood.
1. Lucy had strung a banner across the wall saying "Welcome Home Daddy". 露西在墻上掛了一條橫幅，上面寫著“歡迎爸爸回家”。
2. The inscription reads: "To Emma, with love from Harry". 題贈寫著：“獻給愛瑪，愛你的哈里”。
3. I supported us by writing bilge for women's magazines. 我胡亂給女性雜志寫點東西，維持我們的生計。
4. The letter was short — a simple recitation of their problem. 信寫得很短——只是簡單地說了一下他們的問題。
5. She scribbled a note to tell Mum she'dgone out. 她匆匆寫了個便條告訴媽媽她已外出。
6. I'm going to write him in on my ballot next year. 明年我要在我的選票上寫上他的名字。
7. She had written him a note a couple of weeks earlier. 她幾周前給他寫過一個便條。
8. His speeches were magnificently written but his delivery was hopeless. 他的發言稿寫得非常精彩，但他的演講風格真是無可救藥。
9. She also writes a regular column for the Times Educational Supplement. 她也定期為《泰晤士報高等教育增刊》寫專欄文章。
10. The Sun had captioned a picture of Princess Diana "Princess of Veils" 《太陽報》在黛安娜王妃的一張照片下寫了一段說明文字——“披著面紗的王妃”。
11. Naomi's mothering experiences are poignantly described in her fiction. 娜奧米把她當母親的經歷字字辛酸地寫進了小說。
12. I wrote that song just to cheer myself up. 我寫那首歌是給我自己打氣的。
13. I wasn't too happy with what I'd written so far. 我對于目前已寫完的這些并不太滿意。
14. That time with him is my qualification to write this book. 我和他曾經相處過一段時間，所以才能寫出這本書。
15. I have to admit that I have bad handwriting. 我不得不承認自己的字寫得不好看。
16. His handwriting, from earliest young manhood, was flowing and graceful. 他的字從小就寫得流暢優美。
17. I don't know if you ever read any of his books. 我不知道你是否讀過他寫的書。
18. He has written a speculative biography of Christopher Marlowe. 他寫了一篇關于克里斯托弗·馬洛的推測性傳記。
19. He's just written a book, nicely illustrated and not too technical. 他剛寫完一本書，插圖精美，內容也并不艱澀。
20. Stevens wrote him a note asking him to come to his apartment. 史蒂文斯給他寫了張便條，請他去自己的公寓。